At Bellevue University, we take your personal privacy seriously. This policy describes the categories of information we gather via this website, describes how such information may be shared with others, and identifies the categories of persons with whom it may be shared.
Collection of Personal Information
As a visitor to this Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information. However, when you use the Site, Bellevue University may collect certain information about your computer to facilitate, evaluate and verify your use of the Site. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, referring or exit webpages, click patterns, Session ID (a unique identifier assigned to the browser in connection to the Site), and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. Bellevue University may use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Site and to improve user and student experiences with the Site. Except as provided below, we do not match such information with Personal Information held about you by Bellevue University unless we have your consent. In order to reduce errors in our database, prevent fraud and prevent abuse of our Site, as well as to provide more consistent, relevant experiences to our users and students, we may on occasion supplement or correct the Personal Information you submit to us and your IP address with information in our other databases.
Sharing Personal Information
Bellevue University recognizes and appreciates the importance of responsible use of the Personal Information collected on the Site. Bellevue University will respect your legal rights regarding access to, and correction and deletion of, your Personal Information. However, there are instances in which Bellevue University may divulge your Personal Information, such as when required by law, regulation, or litigation. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. Finally, we may use and share your Personal Information to: (1) contact you or enable our authorized contractors to help us contact you; (2) satisfy our reporting obligations under FERPA or other applicable laws; (3) protect the rights, property or safety of Bellevue University, students, employees, faculty members, contractors, agents or other users of this site; and (4) enforce Bellevue University's Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
By using the Bellevue University Site, you understand and agree that we may use and share the Personal Information that you provide in these ways.
During your educational experience at Bellevue University, you may participate in online educational sessions or other interactive activities, including, but not limited to, online bulletin boards, social networking sites, blogs, Wikis, calendars, forums and other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others ("Communications Venues"). Please note that any information you disclose in any such Communications Venues, may be available to other participants and to Bellevue University, its employees, faculty members and contractors and to all other persons accessing such Communications Venues. The information you share may be read, collected or used by others for any purpose, including sending you unsolicited messages. Bellevue University is not responsible for any information you elect to submit in these Communications Venues or the use of such information. All information presented in Communications Venues reflects the views of the individual users or instructors and does not necessarily reflect the views of Bellevue University.
In order to improve the Site and provide more convenient, relevant experiences to our visitors and students, we and our agents may use "cookies" and similar devices to track your activities. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Links to Other Sites
Conditions of Use
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Intellectual Property; Trademark Information
The trademarks, service marks, logos, URLs and domain names ("Marks") displayed on this Site are the property of Bellevue University. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Bellevue University.
Use of Site and Services
You shall pay all costs and charges, including phone charges and telecommunications equipment costs, that you incur in order to access or use the Site, Services and Materials. You must adhere to all limitations on dissemination, usage and reproduction of any Materials that you download from the Site that are subject to such limitations. You agree to use the Services only to access, download, utilize, post, send or receive Materials in an appropriate manner as related to the particular Materials or Services being accessed or used by you. You are solely responsible for the content of any transmissions you make to the Site or to any Bellevue University faculty member, employee, contractor, agent or student. As some examples of improper activities when accessing or using the Site, Services or Materials, you agree that you shall not:
- Promote any unlawful activity or purpose, including without limitation, any activity that could give rise to criminal or civil liability.
- Collect, harvest, mine or engage in any other activity to obtain e-mail addresses, phone numbers, personal information or any other information about Bellevue University employees, faculty members, students, or others.
- Use or attempt to gain access to or use another's account, password, Service, Materials or computer systems connected to any Bellevue University server or to the Site, whether through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- Remove or falsely add to any Materials any copyright, trademark or other legal or proprietary rights notices, author attributions or other information such as origin or source of the Material(s).
- Make available any files containing Materials where you do not own or control, or have not received the necessary licenses to, all Intellectual Property Rights, rights of privacy and publicity and all other rights in and to such Materials.
- Use the Site, Services or any Materials in any manner that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any party.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site, or any Services, Materials, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or any affiliated sites.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any Bellevue University affiliated e-mail address.
- Post or otherwise submit any software, programs or files that are harmful or disruptive of another's equipment, software or other property, including any corrupted files, time bombs, Trojan horses, viruses and worms.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Download any Materials posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in such manner.
- Disrupt, interfere or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site or other affiliated or Linked Sites, Materials or Services.
- Breach any guidelines, rules, policies or other codes of conduct applicable to your status with Bellevue University and your activity on the Site, including, but not limited to, the policies provided in the Bellevue University Student Handbook, the Bellevue University Course Catalog, applicable Bellevue University Employee and/or Faculty Handbooks and related policy statements ("Bellevue University Policies").
- Access or use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any Bellevue University server or the network(s) connected to any Bellevue University server.
- Post or otherwise submit any topic, name, material or information that is child pornography, defamatory, excessively violent, harassing, inappropriate, indecent, lascivious, lewd, obscene, profane, racist, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable.
- Prepare, compile, use, download or otherwise copy any Site user directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof, or transmit, provide or otherwise distribute (whether or not for a fee) such directory or information to any third party.
- Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk e-mail, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Violate the rights of Bellevue University or any third party (including rights of privacy and publicity) or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another.
- Use any Bellevue University domain name as a pseudonymous return e-mail address.
- Market any goods or services for any business purpose (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services), unless specifically allowed to do so by Bellevue University.
The foregoing list of prohibitions provides examples and is not a complete or exclusive list. In addition, if you are a student of Bellevue University or an employee or faculty member of Bellevue University, you have certain responsibilities with respect to your conduct as set forth in applicable Bellevue University Policies. Your conduct on the Site is subject to and must fully conform with the Bellevue University Policies. Violation of the Bellevue University Policies (and any other policies, rules or guidelines that may be applicable) may result in appropriate sanctions, as determined in Bellevue University's sole and absolute discretion, in addition to the any other consequence, penalty or liability that may result from such behavior.
Usage and Monitoring
You are solely and entirely responsible for all Materials that you post or otherwise submit via the Site or via Communications Venues. You shall assume all risks associated with the use of such Materials including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such Materials. Bellevue University does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these Materials. You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Site or Services, you may be exposed to Materials from others that are offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable.
Bellevue University's Rights to Submitted Materials
For all Materials that you post or otherwise submit to the Site, you grant Bellevue University and the users of this Site an unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully paid up license under all Intellectual Property Rights to use, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, copy, edit, modify, translate, reformat, transmit and distribute such Materials, with or without having your name attached to such Materials, in any manner or form and for any purpose, with full rights to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of distribution. You acknowledge and agree that Bellevue University shall not be liable for any failure to store such Materials on the Site at any time.
Restriction and Termination of Use
Bellevue University may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Site, Services and Materials at any time in Bellevue University's sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Site, Services or Materials may include links that will take you to other sites outside of the Site ("Linked Sites"). For example, there is a link on the Bellevue University Site to an online bookstore owned and operated by Follett Higher Education Group. While the name and logo of Bellevue University may appear on this an other Linked Sites, as a way to conveniently notify students of the sale of certain materials specified for Bellevue University's curriculum, Bellevue University does not operate this online bookstore. This and other Linked Sites are provided by Bellevue University to you as a convenience and the inclusion of the links does not imply any endorsement by Bellevue University of any Linked Site. Bellevue University has no control of the Linked Sites and you therefore acknowledge and agree that Bellevue University is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, any link contained in a Linked Site or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. You further acknowledge and agree that Bellevue University is not responsible for any form of transmission (e.g. webcasting) received from any Linked Site.
Warranties and Disclaimers
THIS SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SITE, MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE. THE SITE, MATERIALS AND SERVICES MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE SITE, MATERIALS AND SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT: (i) BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE, OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIALS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD PARTIES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKED SITES; (ii) BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES, THEIR MATERIALS OR SERVICES; (iii) ANY DEALINGS YOU MAY HAVE WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK; AND (iv) BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MATERIALS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES.
BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, SERVICES AND ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND MATERIALS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY RELATED TO SUBMITTED MATERIALS ARISING UNDER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIBEL, PRIVACY, PUBLICITY, OBSCENITY OR OTHER LAWS. BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE MISUSE, LOSS, MODIFICATION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO NINETY (90) DAYS.
This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Bellevue University services and programs that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Bellevue University intends to announce such services or programs in your country. The Site is controlled, operated and administered by Bellevue University from the United States of America. Bellevue University makes no representation that the Site, the Services or Materials are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside the United States, and access to the Site from territories where the Site, the Services or Materials are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws and United States export control laws, to the extent applicable.
Personal Information and Privacy
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR IF BELLEVUE UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (i) THE ACCESS OR USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE, SERVICES, OR MATERIALS; (ii) THE STATEMENTS OR ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR VIA THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS; (iii) ANY DEALINGS WITH VENDORS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES; (iv) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS, USER MATERIALS OR OTHER DATA; (v) ANY INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED; (vi) ANY FAILURE TO STORE OR LOSS OF DATA, FILES, MATERIALS OR OTHER CONTENT; (vii) ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE THAT ARE DELAYED OR INTERRUPTED; (viii) ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE; OR (ix) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY LINKED SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Spam Email and Postings
Indemnity and Liability
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Site (excluding Linked Sites) is controlled by Bellevue University from the State of Nebraska. By accessing this Site, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the State of Nebraska, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of an appropriate state or federal court in Nebraska with respect to such matters.